Essential Fatty Acids Test :
Human body has no ability to synthesize essential fatty acids. Therefore intake of these is strongly dependant through the diet. Clinical testing has an important role in determining exact needs of essential fatty acids for therapeutic application.
Modern western diet is poor in essential fatty acids and is rich in saturated fat (such as animal fat). Omega 3 and 6 Fatty acids are source of energy, the basic material for cell membrane construction. Deficit in these fats may cause any of the below symptoms.
Who is this test for?
To everyone, especially individuals suffering from the following symptoms:
- Attention Defficit Disorder, Hyperactivity
- Depression, irritability, fatigue
- Dry cracked skin
- Dry eyes
- Dry hair, hair loss, dandruff
- Inflammation of intestines
- Liver/Kidney diseases
- Loss of concentration
- Recurrent infections
In prevention and the treatment of :
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Dermatological problems
- Reproductive disorders
- Psoriasis, Alopecia
- Gastrointestinal problems, IBD
How is it tested?
- 48h before the testing stop using omega3,6 supplements
- 8h before the test fasting